Arugula, Ricotta, and Black Olive Dip
This dip combines arugula, ricotta, and black olives into a delicious dish.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- about 1 cup arugula (rocket)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 9oz (250g) ricotta cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the arugula, garlic, olives, lemon zest and juice, and oil in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, then stir in the ricotta, and season with pepper. Mix well.
- Serve with torn chunks of crusty sourdough bread or with toasted baguette slices.
- Use good-quality dry black olives with plenty of flavor, and make sure the arugula is very fresh. Buy it loose if possible, as bagged leaves go rotten much quicker.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!