Asparagus with Lemony Dressing
Lemons lend a tart and refreshing flavor to this simple dish.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, about 12oz (350g), tough ends trimmed
- handful of wild arugula leaves
For the lemony dressing
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First, make the dressing. Put the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl, and whisk until blended. Whisk in the sugar and mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- To serve, place the asparagus on the arugula leaves, and dress liberally with the dressing. Serve at once.
- You will need to give the dressing a final whisk just before serving. For a lower-fat version, omit the mayonnaise.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!