Baked Crabmeat Dip in Bread Bowl
Isn't it fun to serve food in edible containers? Your family and guests will love this crabmeat dip in a bread bowl.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread, unsliced
- 12-ounce can crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Carefully cut top off of sourdough bread.
- Scoop out bread from inside, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Slice bread into 1 1/2 to 2-inch cubes and keep fresh in plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture into bread shell; wrap in foil and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake crab dip (keep wrapped in foil) 40 to 45 minutes, until bubbly hot.
- Remove foil and heat 3 to 5 minutes, until bread crust is crisp and dip is bubbly hot. Serve dip with bread cubes.
- Can you believe the savings? Simply substituting nonfat sour cream and nonfat mayonnaise for regular varieties saves 289 calories and 25 grams of fat per serving!
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.