Wasabi, the healthy condiment served with sushi, makes this crabmeat roll spicy!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup canned crabmeat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nonfat mayonnaise
- 2 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- 2 cups Sushi Rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Wasabi or Sushi Dipping Sauce
- Combine crabmeat and mayonnaise in small cup; mix well.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Put nori sheets in pan, one at a time, and cook until crisp, about 1 minute.
- Place a nori sheet on bamboo mat (available at specially cookware shops and Asian markets) or towel; spread about 3/4 to 1 cup Sushi Rice on each nori sheet, leaving 1/2-inch border. Arrange shredded carrots and crabmeat mixture lengthwise down center of rice.
- Roll up bamboo mat or towel and press firmly; remove carefully.
- Wrap sushi roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to one day before serving. When ready to serve, cut sushi roll into bite-size pieces and serve with wasabi or Sushi Dipping Sauce.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.