Caramel Cream Cheese Dip
Brown sugar and cream cheese make an appetizing dip for fruit.
Serves: 1 cup (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 1 block (8 ounces) nonfat or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer the dip to a serving dish and serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with apple and pear slices that have been dipped in pineapple juice to prevent browning, whole fresh strawberries, and fresh pineapple spears.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.