Cashew Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches
A platter of these cashew chicken salad sandwiches will be gone before you can even set it down! Just make sure you save some chicken salad for yourself.
Serves: 32 appetizers
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast, or 1 can (12 ounces) chicken or turkey breast, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 16 slices firm multigrain, oatmeal, or whole wheat bread
- Place the chicken or turkey, celery, cashews, red pepper, and scallion in a medium-sized bowl, and toss to mix well. Add the mayonnaise and sour cream, and stir to mix well, adding a little more mayonnaise if the filling seems too dry.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the filling over each of 8 slices of bread. Top each slice with 1 of the remaining slices, making 8 sandwiches. Trim the crusts from the bread, and cut each sandwich into 4 rectangles, squares, or triangles. Arrange the sandwiches on a platter and serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.