Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken lettuce wraps are low in fat and a rich source of easily absorbed iron and zinc.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 2 cups low-fat chicken breast tenders, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chopped jicama
- 2 cups canned mung bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Combine chicken, jicama, bean sprouts, carrots, green onions and teriyaki sauce in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken mixture to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with large lettuce leaves or divide mixture among leaves, wrap and serve. To reheat: Microwave chicken mixture 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until heated through. These can also be served cold.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.