Chicken Tortilla Crisps
Type: Appetizers and Snacks
Each chicken tortilla crisp can be as spicy as desired. So know your crowd, and adjust the chili powder accordingly!
Serves: 32 appetizers
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch rounds)
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded nonfat or reduced-fat Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat or light sour cream
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray, and arrange 2 tortillas on each sheet. Bake at 350°F for about 6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While the tortillas are baking, place the chicken, salsa, and chili powder in a small bowl, and stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven, and sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over each tortilla. Top each tortilla with a quarter of the chicken mixture, 1 tablespoon of olives, and 1 tablespoon of scallions. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
- Return the tortillas to the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crisp. While the tortillas are baking, place the sour cream in a small serving bowl. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges, and arrange the wedges on a serving platter accompanied by the sour cream. Serve hot.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.