Chorizo with Dried Fruit Chutney
Dried fruit chutney gives this dish a sweet and simple taste.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 4
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10oz (300g) chorizo, cut into bite-size chunks
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Put the apricots and raisins in a bowl, cover with a little hot water, and leave to soften for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the chorizo and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Drain off any excess fat.
- Drain the fruit, add it to the pan, then add the sherry and walnuts. Increase the heat and cook for 2 minutes, scraping up any brown bits from the pan with a wooden spoon. Season with pepper, then transfer to a small baking dish. Cover with foil, then bake for 15 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and salad.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!