Chorizo with Peppers
Chorizo and peppers make a great flavor combination.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 3/4in (2cm) squares
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 3/4in (2cm) squares
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9-10oz (300g) chorizo, cut into 3/4in (2cm) cubes
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the peppers, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chorizo, and sherry, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the oregano over the top, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- This is delicious served alongside-or on top of-toasted ciabatta or another country-style crusty bread, grilled or toasted if you prefer.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!