Chutney Chicken Spread
Mango chutney and roasted peanuts join chicken for an unforgettable spread.
Serves: 2 1/4 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 1 block (8 ounces) nonfat or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast, or 1 can (6 ounces) white meat chicken or turkey, drained
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds or chopped roasted peanuts
- Place the cream cheese, onion, celery, and chutney in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to mix well. Add the chicken or turkey, and stir to mix well. Spread the mixture in a small bowl, and sprinkle the almonds or peanuts over the top. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with whole grain crackers, carrot sticks, and celery sticks, or use as a filling for finger sandwiches.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.