Confetti Veggie Bites
Type: Appetizers and Snacks
These colorful veggie bites are tasty, delectable, and delicate morsels.
Serves: Serves: 12 (3 each)
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
- 1 (8-ounce) package Philadelphia fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced unpeeled cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat crescent rolls into an ungreased 9-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet. Gently press dough to cover bottom of pan, being sure to seal perforations. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir cream cheese with a spoon until soft. Stir in mayonnaise and basil leaves.
- Spread mixture over partially cooled crust.
- Evenly sprinkle tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cut into 36 pieces.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.