This cheesy, spicy appetizer features thinly sliced surimi seafood chunks.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 8 ounces surimi seafood chunks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 16 slices Italian bread, cut in half
- Combine all ingredients except bread slices in bowl and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler on high heat.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mixture on each bread slice and arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
- Broil crab crisps 4 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Monitor salt intake; sodium can damage the heart by raising blood pressure. The average American consumes 6,000 mg of sodium each day--almost three times the suggested intake.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.