Creamy Fruit Dip
Type: Appetizers and Snacks
This versatile dip goes well with meats, cheeses, and vegetables, as well as fruit. Try it with blanched asparagus and snow peas!
Serves: 1 1/4 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 1/2 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place the sour cream and mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to mix well. Add the mustard and honey, and stir to mix well. Transfer the dip to a serving dish and serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower florets, carrot and celery sticks, red and green bell pepper strips, and blanched asparagus and snow peas. This dip is also delicious with cubes or rolled-up slices of turkey or lean ham, and cubes of low-fat Swiss cheese.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.