Deviled Crab Dip
A bit of paprika makes this crab dip pretty devilish.
Serves: 2 1/2 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup flaked cooked crab meat or drained canned crab meat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Paprika (garnish)
- Place the sour cream, mayonnaise, and mustard in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to mix well. Fold in the crab meat and onion. Transfer the dip to a serving dish, cover, and chill for several hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the dip with paprika. Serve with whole grain crackers or chunks of sourdough bread and raw vegetables.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.