Type: Appetizers and Snacks
Perfect party food, make them hot as the devil with spicy paprika and hot mustard, or keep them mellow with milder condiments
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp hot or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp hot or sweet paprika, plus more for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Simmer the eggs for 8 minutes. Rinse briefly under cold water. Lightly crack the eggs and soak them in ice water until cooled. Peel the eggs. Cut each in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and paprika, and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture. Top each one with a cherry tomato quarter, a sprinkle of chives, and a dusting of paprika.
- Prepare ahead: The eggs can be made up to 24 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated.
- Good with rounds of buttered toast and a few salad leaves.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!