Dilled Shrimp Dip
The shrimp, though small, permeate this dip. Your family will love it!
Serves: 2 1/2 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 5 ounces (about 1 cup) frozen (thawed) cooked small salad shrimp, or 5 ounces diced cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Place the sour cream, mayonnaise, and dill in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to mix well. Fold in the shrimp and onion. Transfer the dip to a serving dish, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with whole grain crackers and raw vegetables, or use as a filling for hollowed-out cherry tomatoes or cucumbers.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.