Dilly Cucumber Dip
Dill and cucumber were destined to be paired. The white pepper in this dip provides just a pinch of heat!
Serves: 2 1/4 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 1 medium-large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Pinch ground white pepper
- Place the cucumber in a food processor or blender, and process until finely chopped. Roll the cucumber in a clean kitchen towel, and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Place the sour cream and mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to mix well. Fold in the cucumber and all of the remaining ingredients. Transfer the dip to a serving dish, cover, and chill for several hours.
- Serve with raw vegetables, whole grain crackers, chunks of pumpernickel or sourdough bread, and smoked salmon.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.