Fairy Tale Carrot Salad
Sharp carrots and tangy pineapple complement marshmallows in this unique salad.
Serves: Serves: 8 (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, drained, and 2 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 3 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, pineapple, and reserved pineapple liquid. Add carrots, celery, and marshmallows. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.