Figs with Prosciutto
The sweet figs contrast with salty prosciutto and the peppery tang of arugula in these one-bite party snacks
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Serves: makes 24
- 12 ripe figs
- 6 large slices of prosciutto
- 24 arugula leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Cut each fig in half and each slice of ham into 4 long strips.
- Thread 1 fig half, 1 prosciutto strip, and 1 arugula leaf onto a wooden skewer. Season with pepper.
- Scatter with Parmesan shavings and arugula leaves and serve.
- prep 10 mins
Cantaloupe with Prosciutto: Substitute cubes of cantaloupe, or other juicy, ripe melon for the figs.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!