It's fun and easy to make this fresh yogurt cheese, called labna
Prep Time: prep 5 mins, plus 12 hrs draining
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 2 1 / 2 cups thick low-fat or whole milk Greek-style yogurt
- 1 / 2 tsp salt
- Stir the yogurt and salt together. Spoon onto a large piece of rinsed and squeezed dry cheesecloth. Gather together the four corners and tie the top of the bundle with a long length of kitchen twine to make a bag.
- Tie the bag on a faucet or cabinet knob and suspend over a bowl. Let the whey drain from yogurt for at least 12 hours.
- Remove the thickened yogurt from the cheesecloth, shape into a ball, and place on a platter.
- prep 5 mins, plus 12 hrs draining
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!