Garden Artichoke Dip
This chunky artichoke dip is fantastic with whole grain crackers, sliced bagel, and fresh-cut vegetables.
Serves: 4 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 2 cups nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen (thawed) artichoke hearts, chopped, or 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Place the sour cream, mayonnaise, and vegetable soup mix in a large bowl, and stir to mix well. Add the artichokes, water chestnuts, red pepper, and scallions, and stir to mix well. Transfer the dip to a serving dish, cover, and chill for several hours.
- Serve with whole grain crackers, thinly sliced bagels, and fresh-cut vegetables.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.