Gorgonzola with Figs and Honey
Grilling figs enhances their natural sweetness and the addition of blue cheese makes a great flavor contrast
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- vegetable oil, for the pan
- 12 ripe figs, halved
- 6oz ( 180g) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- honey, to serve
- Lightly oil a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the figs, cut-side down, for 4 minutes, or until browned.
- When the figs are browned, gently turn them and cook on the other side for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the figs from the pan and place them in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola, drizzle with honey, and serve immediately.
- prep 10 mins; cook 10 mins
Savory Fig Salad: For a sweet and savory salad, delete the honey and serve the salad with thinly sliced proscuitto and ricotta.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!