Grilled Scallops with Prosciutto and Lime
A delicious, elegant starter
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 5 mins
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 18 sea scallops
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped basil, parsley, and/or chives, plus more for garnish
- 2oz ( 55g) thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- Trim the small white muscle from the side of each scallop. Place 3 scallops in each of 6 scallop shells or ramekins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut 1 lime into 6 wedges and set aside. Combine the butter, the juice of the remaining lime, the garlic, and basil. Divide evenly among the scallops. Sprinkle with the prosciutto strips.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the scallops in the shells for about 5 minutes, until they turn opaque. Sprinkle with additional herbs. Serve immediately with the lime wedges.
- prep 10 mins; cook 5 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!