Type: Appetizers and Snacks
Part of guacamole's appeal is its ease of preparation. But it's the taste that keeps the tortilla chips dipping!
Serves: 2 1/8 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 2 cups diced peeled avocado (about 2 medium)
- 2/3 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped seeded plum tomato (about 1 small)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeño pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the avocado in a medium-sized bowl, and mash with a potato masher, leaving it slightly chunky. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Transfer the dip to a serving dish, and serve immediately or cover and chill for several hours.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.