This garlic herb dip has a fresh summery taste that is perfect for serving with crisp crudites and is equally delicious as a snack on toasted brown bread.
Prep Time: 5M
Serves: serves 4
Egg, gluten, & nut free
- 1 scant cup plain Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, skinned and crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chervil
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until well blended. Season the dip to taste.
- Serve chilled with crudités, tortilla chips, or potato chips. This dip also makes a delicious filling for tortilla wraps.
- This dip can be stored, covered, in a refrigerator for up to a day.
- This recipe makes enough to top 20 baked new potatoes or cherry tomato halves.
Dairy free also egg, gluten, & nut free: Follow the recipe for Egg, gluten, & nut free, but substitute soy-based yogurt for the yogurt or sour cream and replace the cream cheese with soy-based cream cheese alternative (tofutti) or silken tofu. Reduce the olive oil to 1 tablespoon, since the dairy-free version needs less liquid.
Excerpted from Allergy-Free Cookbook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!