This granola recipe is delicious and nutritious, and granola is easy to pack and take anywhere.
Serves: 10 servings
- 2 cups dry quick cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- (Try adding dried apricots, peaches, apples, banana chips, grated coconuts, and other nuts for variety.)
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Combine oats, salt, honey, wheat germ, and oil. Spread mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring once. Remove from oven.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bake additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Let cool. Store in glass jar with a tight lid. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.