Little League Meat and Potatoes
Type: Appetizers and Snacks
This meat and potatoes dish will keep your kids' energy up for the big game.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 16 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 cups (20 ounces) shredded loose-packed frozen potatoes
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices Kraft reduced-fat American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom soup, salsa, sour cream, and parsley flakes. Add potatoes. Mix well to combine. Stir in browned meat.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Evenly arrange American cheese slices over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 8 servings
- Mr. Dell's frozen shredded potatoes are a good choice.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.