Marinated Squid Salad
This squid salad tastes decadent, yet is so simple to make.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 5M
Serves: Serves 4
- 10oz (300g) small squid, gutted and cleaned
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Cut the squid into pieces-a mixture of strips and rings-and brush with a little of the oil and season well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan, add the squid, and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until the squid is cooked. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Mix the remaining oil with the vinegar, garlic, paprika, and parsley, then season. Pour over the squid, toss gently, and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!