Maryland Crab Cakes
These crab cakes are so tangy, you might even skip the tartar sauce.
Serves: Serves: 6 (2 each)
- 3 tablespoons Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 3 (4.5-ounce drained weight) cans crabmeat drained and flaked
- 6 tablespoons Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and egg.
- Add crabmeat, baking mix, and parsley flakes. Mix well to combine.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup as a guide, form into 12 cakes.
- Place cakes on a hot griddle sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Brown for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.