Melba Cheese Puffs
Is there anyone who doesn't like cheese puffs?
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons skim milk
- Melba toast
- Combine all ingredients except melba toast, and mix until completely blended. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve, preheat broiler on high heat.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with nonfat cooking spray.
- Arrange melba toast in single layer; top each cracker with a spoonful of cheese mixture.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
- A simple substitution of nonfat mayonnaise for regular saves 89 calories and 11 grams of fat per tablespoon!
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.