Mini Pork Meatballs in Spiced Tomato Sauce
Meatballs in spiced tomato sauce are a cinch to make, and yummy to eat.
Prep Time: 30M
Cooking Time: 20M
Serves: Serves 4
- 10oz (300g) ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tsp black olives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 14oz (400g) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Combine the pork, onion, capers, olives, and flour in a bowl, add the egg, and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix thoroughly, then form into 12-153/4in (2cm) balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the meatballs for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Drain, transfer to a baking dish, and set aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, and paprika in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper, then cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs and bake for 20 minutes until bubbly-hot. Serve hot.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!