Hot red pepper flakes add a spicy flavor to this tasty tapas dish.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 4
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 11/2lb (675g) all-purpose waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4in (2cm) dice
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- half of a 14oz (400g) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat half the oil in a nonstick frying pan, add the potatoes, and cook, turning frequently, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until starting to brown. Add the onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper flakes, sherry, lemon zest, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes before adding the tomatoes and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining oil, and transfer to a shallow baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until heated through. Serve hot, with a crisp green salad, if desired.
- Cheat...You can leave out the oven cooking, and cook them on the stove instead. The oven cooking intensifies the flavor.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!