Peanut Butter-Hot Fudge Dip
Type: Appetizers and Snacks
Peanut butter and hot fudge make a sublime dessert dip for the fresh fruit of your choice. .
Serves: 2 1/4 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Dutch Processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in a 1 1/2-quart pot, and stir to mix well. Using a wire whisk, slowly stir in the milk and the evaporated milk. Place the pot over medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or just until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the peanut butter, and cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until the peanut butter has melted into the chocolate mixture. Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture to a small chafing dish or Crock-Pot electric casserole to keep warm, and serve with chunks of angel food cake, whole fresh strawberries, pineapple chunks, and chunks of banana, apple, and pear that have been dipped in pineapple juice to prevent browning.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.