Perfect Yorkshire Puddings
Yorkshire puddings are incredibly flavorful and a cinch to make.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 6
- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 11/4 cups whole milk
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil or corn oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt, and combine. Make a well in the center, then place the eggs and a little of the milk inside. Using a wooden spoon, stir the egg mixture, incorporating the flour a little at a time, gradually adding about half of the milk. When all the flour has been mixed in, add the remaining milk, and mix with a balloon whisk to ensure there are no lumps. Transfer to a large liquid measuring cup, pitcher, or bowl and refrigerate to rest for 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the batter is ready to use, add a little of the oil to each cup in the 6-hole pan, and put it in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until smoking hot. Remove the pan, give the batter a final stir, then divide the batter evenly among the 6 cups. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Make sure the oil is really hot when you add the batter-this will ensure the puddings rise.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!