Pineapple Cheese Muffins
What a nice after-school snack these pineapple-cheese muffins make!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- Full 1/2 cup (2 1/4 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 8 wells of a 12-hole muffin pan with butter-flavored cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, Sugar Twin, and Cheddar cheese. Add undrained pineapple, egg, and skim, milk. Mix just to combine.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling wells about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and eat warm or continue cooling on wire rack.
- Fill unused muffin wells with water. It protects the muffin tin and ensures even baking.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.