Type: Appetizers and Snacks
These are mini party pizzas. Try the toppings below, or create your own favorite combinations
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 12M-15M
Serves: makes 24 pizzettes
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 3 tbsp pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 2oz ( 60g) sliced salami or pepperoni, cut into strips
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2oz ( 60g) mozzarella, cut into small slices
- 1/2 cup packed, coarsely chopped arugula leaves
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly oil 2 or 3 large baking sheets.
- Knead the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a thin rectangle 1/4in (5mm) thick. Using a 3in (7.5cm) round cookie cutter, cut out 24 rounds, gathering up the dough trimmings and re-rolling as required. Transfer the rounds to the baking sheets.
- Spread 12 rounds with the pesto and half with the sun-dried tomato paste. Top the pesto rounds with salami, olives, and mozzarella. Top the sun-dried tomato rounds with the arugula and pine nuts. Brush with olive oil, cover loosely with a clean paper towel, and let stand for 20 minutes, or until puffy.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.
- 3in (7.5cm) plain pastry cutter
- freeze the baked pizzettes for up to 1 month
- Prepare ahead: The pizzettes can be baked up to 24 hours in advance. Reheat to serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!