Red Pepper and Walnut Dip
Everybody will love this red pepper and walnut dip.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 8
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over low heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt, and gently cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the peppers, and cook for about 30 minutes until very soft, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- Scrape the pepper mixture into a blender. Add the walnuts and lemon zest and juice, and blend to a chunky purée. Serve at room temperature with warm pita bread or carrot and cucumber sticks for dipping.
- Use macadamia nuts instead of walnuts. You may also like to add about 1/2 cup Greek-style plain yogurt and chopped cilantro leaves, stirring into the mixture at the end.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!