Type: Appetizers and Snacks
Spice up your rice with this salsa recipe. It's guaranteed to add a kick to any dish.
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 2 scallions, dark green parts removed, white and light green parts sliced into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 lb. cooked chicken, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté scallion pieces for two minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for two minutes.
- Add salsa and rice, and cook for four minutes more.
- Distribute to serving plates, season with salt and pepper, and spoon a dollop of sour cream on each serving.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.