Sausage and Herb Balls
These sausage and herb balls make a great appetizer for family and friends.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 onion, quartered
- small handful of fresh mint leaves
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- handful of fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 14oz (400g) good-quality sausage meat or fresh pork sausages, skinned
- flour, to dust
- Put the onion, mint, parsley, basil, and oregano in a food processor, and blend into a rough paste. Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the sausage meat, and pulse until combined. Roll the mixture into 12 balls, each about 11/2in (4cm) across. Dust with a little flour to prevent them from sticking. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat the barbecue until hot. Grill the sausage and herb balls over medium heat, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes until evenly browned and cooked through. Serve hot with a spicy or garlicky mayonnaise.
- Cheat...Use mildly-spiced sausages, and omit the herbs.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!