Scallops Skewered with Prosciutto
Prosciutto wrapped around scallops is a perfect flavor combination.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 8M
Serves: Serves 8
- 8 fresh scallops, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices prosciutto, halved
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Mix the scallops with the oil and lemon juice, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Wrap each scallop half in a piece of prosciutto, then thread onto metal or wooden skewers. Carefully put two scallop halves on each skewer, or fewer depending on their size.
- Lay the skewers on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven for 5-8 minutes, until the prosciutto starts to crisp. Serve hot with an arugula garnish.
- If serving non-meat eaters, omit the prosciutto and cook the scallops for a few minutes less.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!