Shrimp with Mint, Chile, and Ginger
Easy and quick to prepare, this is an ideal starter for an informal dinner party
Prep Time: prep 10 mins, plus marinating
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 1 / 4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp torn mint leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 fresh hot red chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1 / 2 lb ( 750g) large cooked shrimp
- 12 Belgian endive leaves
- bunch of watercress
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- To make the marinade, whisk the oil, mint, lime juice, ginger, chiles, and garlic. Season with salt. Add the shrimp and mix. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- To serve, divide the endive among 4 salad plates. Top with the shrimp and garnish with the watercress and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
- prep 10 mins, plus marinating
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!