Soy-Honey Glazed Sausages
Type: Appetizers and Snacks
Use cocktail sausages or full-sized sausages for this easy, kid-favorite hot snack.
Prep Time: 2M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: serves 4
Dairy, egg & nut free
- 1 lb 2 oz cocktail sausages
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Arrange the sausages in a single layer in a roasting pan and cook until just beginning to brown, 10 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce and honey. Remove the sausages from the oven, spoon over the soy mixture, and toss to coat. Return to the oven until glazed and browned, about 20 minutes. Turn once or twice during cooking.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and toss to coat before serving.
- Watch out for sesame seeds, since some people are allergic to them.
Gluten free also dairy, egg & nut free: Use pure pork or other gluten-free sausages and a gluten-free soy sauce. If serving with mustard, check that it is gluten-free too.
Excerpted from Allergy-Free Cookbook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!