Spicy Chicken Wings
Easy, spicy chicken wings are a crowd-pleaser for game day, Super Bowl parties, or anytime.
Serves: serves 4
- 11/2 lb (750 g) chicken wings, tips removed
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp English dried mustard powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the chicken in a flat dish. Heat the broiler and line the broiler pan with foil.
- Combine the other ingredients and pour over the chicken, reserving a few tablespoons. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes, turning the chicken a few times.
- Cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes, turning the pieces 2-3 times and basting them with the remaining marinade.
- Serve with a large salad-and plenty of paper napkins; the only way to eat these is with your fingers-and a cold beer.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!