Type: Appetizers and Snacks
Here's a party favorite made healthy. Serve spinach dip in a hollowed-out loaf of pumpernickel, with raw vegetables and whole grain crackers.
Serves: 4 cups (1 Tablespoon servings)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 package (1 1/2 ounces) dry vegetable soup mix
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and stir to mix well. Transfer the dip to a serving dish, cover, and chill for several hours.
- Serve with raw vegetables and whole grain crackers, or use as a filling for finger sandwiches or hollowed-out cherry tomatoes.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.