Spinach, Pine Nuts, and Raisins
This simple dish combines spinach, pine nuts, and raisins.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dark raisins
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 7oz (200g) spinach, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped, but not completely dried
- 1 tsp paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the oil, raisins, and pine nuts in a frying pan over medium heat. When they start to sizzle, cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Add the sherry, and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the spinach and paprika and stir constantly for 5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot or cold.
- Use beer instead of soda water in the batter. It will give a crisp, rich dark batter.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!