Stuffed cucumbers is a classy snack that can be served for any occasion. It's both nutritious and delicious.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons diced red onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 large cucumbers, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, 2 tablespoons red onion, dill and lemon extract in bowl; beat with electric mixer until blended.
- Scoop holes in centers of cucumber slices.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into center of cucumber; garnish with remaining red onion.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving.
- Did you know that cucumbers and pumpkins are related to one another?
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.