Type: Appetizers and Snacks
These mushrooms are stuffed with bread crumbs, pork, and a little red chile to give it a spicy kick.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 12 medium mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh bread crumbs (from 1 slice of firm-textured white bread)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small fresh red jalapeņo chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 51/2oz (150g) ground pork
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brush the mushroom caps all over with a little of the oil. Put the remaining oil in a bowl with the bread crumbs, onion, garlic, chile, parsley, pork, tomato, salt, and pepper. Mix with your hands to form a paste. Arrange the caps, stem-side up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and mound the filling into each cavity.
- Place the baking sheet on a rack, 8in (20cm) from the heating element, and broil for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!