Portobello mushrooms make great bases for savory goat cheese and pine nut fillings
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Cooking Time: cook 20 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 / 4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 / 4 cup roughly torn basil
- 1 / 4 cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6oz ( 170g) firm goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 8 slices pancetta, unrolled into strips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the mushrooms on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pine nuts, basil, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushrooms. Top each with a slice of goat cheese. Wrap a pancetta strip around each mushroom, tucking the ends underneath.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the pancetta is crisp. Serve immediately.
- prep 15 mins; cook 20 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!