Sun-Dried Tomato Canapés
Serve this quick and delicious hors d'oeuvre with your choice of thinly sliced bread.
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 baguette or long loaf of bread, sliced into 1⁄2-inch thick pieces
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 (8-oz.) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your broiler.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer side by side on a baking tray.
- Mix garlic, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl, and brush some of mixture on each piece of bread.
- Broil for two minutes, or until just barely beginning to brown.
- Turn the pieces over. Brush again with olive oil mixture, then broil again until just turning light brown.
- Remove tray from oven, distribute tomato pieces among slices of bread, then top each piece of bread with a pinch of mozzarella.
- Broil again for one minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm canapés to guests, and receive warm appreciation.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.